Friday 1 February 2008

THE KITCHEN MAID - JAN VERMEER STUDY

This is a study of the " Kitchen Maid by Jan Vermeer. It will be part of a community exhibition or "Fake Masters" later in the year

STAGE 4


STAGE 3

STAGE 2

The canvas is covered


STAGE 1
This is the first "block-in" drawn freehand from the image on my screen in Raw Umber and lots of medium




I will post progressive stages of the painting.

The original is approx 16"x18", but my study will be 12"x14" (excluding the heading at the top) I will work in acrylic paints. The following is a photograph of my Half French easel set up in my study showing the wet paint keeper which keep acrylics open for around a week, the glass top palette, water jar, water spray and acrylic medium etc

The KItchen Maid, Johannes Vermeer
c. 1658; Oil on canvas, 45.5 x 41 cm; Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam

No comments: