Thursday 1 May 2008

CANNA - Painting Inspired by Nature WIP

I am constantly inspired by nature, whether landscape of still life flowers
A week ago my imagination was captured by the beautiful Canna growing in the garden at Ellis House Community Art Centre. I started a 25x30cm MDF panel as a study from life, but unfortunately ran out of time before I got very far. May be that was a good thing because I was forced to continue from memory and imagination. I was pleased with the wip result and decided to paint a larger version on 40x60cm canvas and paint both at the same time, exploring possibilities on one painting and applying anything worthwhile on the other. While I have a reference photograph I tried not to refer to it because I was concerned that it would hinder my creative process


Detail

No comments: